Sustainably Farmed Vineyard
Red - White - Rose
View of Lake Sonoma
Experience true luxury
in the heart of our vineyard
Join the Gustafson Family
Wildfire Update from Gustafson Family Vineyard – September 2020
Greetings friends of Gustafson Family Vineyards,
We want to thank everyone that continues to check in to see how Gustafson Family Vineyards and our team are doing since the outbreak of the wildfires in Sonoma County. Thankfully our team and their families are safe and out of harm’s way at this time.
As many of you have heard, the Stewarts Fire, merged with the Walbridge Fire here in Sonoma County and this fire has been a concern for all of us these past few weeks. Our Estate in Geyserville was hit hard by these fires on the night of Wednesday, August 19th, 2020 but we are more than happy to report that the winery is still standing!
Here are the facts as told by Dan Gustafson and CAL FIRE officials that have been on-site at the Estate recently:
- Our Winery, offices, and main Estate remain fully intact and miraculously were unharmed by the fire
- We have sustained minimal vineyard damage but thankfully most of our vineyards are still intact
- Our 2020 Harvest is currently pending
- We report with great sadness, the residence of our beloved winemaker and his wonderful family has been completely destroyed by the fire. Please know that Emmett and his family are SAFE and were able to evacuate with plenty of notice from Cal Fire. Our hearts go out to them in this difficult time!
- The grounds of the property and surrounding forestry have also incurred some fire damage. We are slowly and carefully assessing the damage but currently the property is unsafe for visitors
- At this time, we remain FULLY CLOSED until further notice, & we will not be taking any reservations for visitors until it is deemed safe to do so
We are tremendously thankful for the five units from Cal Fire for their selfless & tireless hours spent saving our winery! Gustafson Family Vineyards will be forever grateful and we would like to thank all of the firefighters and first responders that are fighting diligently to keep Sonoma County safe.
Our team will make the decision to re-open the Estate once we know for certain that it will be safe for our staff and guests alike. We remain hopeful and optimistic that this will be soon!
Thank you all so much for your kind words and support. We will continue to keep everyone updated. Please stay tuned.
The Gustafson Team
Go the Extra Mile for Us, and We'll Go the Extra Mile for You
Hands down the prettiest winery I have ever seen. The view from the overlook out into the valley is absolutely amazing! It doesn't hurt that they are now one of our favorite wine producers - we took more bottles of wine from Gustafson than any other location.
From: New York
We were a party of four that stayed at this amazing house. From the minute we made inquiries to the booking the house and staying, the team that welcomed us was great. We spent every night setting out there eating, drinking wine and watching the stars. Then there are the sunrises! Get up early every day and watch it happen as it makes your day complete.
From: Jef, Texas
It is isolated and off the beaten path relative to some of the densely populated winery locations, but that is part of its charm in my book. I've never had an out-of-town guest be disappointed in the least by this venue for all the reasons above.
From: San Francisco, California
Glass of wine in hand. This IS one of those smaller vineyards people dream of. Truly breathtaking location - the VIEW! - and a wonderful story of a dream in the making. Plus - Bonus - excellent wines and exceptionally welcoming people. Go there and join their circle of wine-appreciating friends.
From: New York