COVID-19 Policies – June 26, 2020
Policies for your visit
Check-in for your visit will be in our Estate Tasting Room, only guests with reservations or confirmed curbside pick-up times will be permitted on property. After check-in, guests will be seated outdoors at our picnic area for table service only. We will be limiting the number of guests at any given time in our tasting room during check-in times to ensure adherence to social distancing practices. There will be no service at our indoor tasting bar.
For the safety of our visitors and staff, we will require that face masks be worn by all guests during your visit as you transition through the property. Only while you are seated for your time at the picnic grounds, will the wearing of face masks not be required. Visitors are asked to bring their own face masks. Without a face mask, we will not be able to accommodate your visit. This is for the safety of everyone.
No Show Policy for Reservations
If for any reason you are unable to make it to your reservation or need to cancel please be sure to let us know as soon as possible.
There is no penalty for cancelling but in the event that you do not call to cancel and do not show up for your reservation, Gustafson Family Vineyards will charge your credit card used to hold your reservation a $50.00 “no show” fee.
To assure that we provide the best possible safe and secure environment for your visit, our staff has taken the following measures:
All staff are required to wear face masks while working with guests or near co-workers.
- All staff are required to wear gloves in the preparation and recovery of our tasting locations.
- We have rearranged our furnishings and tasting areas to assure a minimum of 6-feet of social distancing between seated tasting areas.
- All high-contact surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized between each reservation. This includes tables, chairs, glassware, and other touch points. Disposable menus will be provided for single use.
- Common areas like restrooms, staircase railings, door handles, and other high usage areas and fixtures will be cleaned and sanitized on a continuous basis throughout the day.
- All staff are required to follow rigorous handwashing procedures between all guest interactions. Staff will also be screened before each shift to assure they are fit to work.
Please note that we will continue to modify our policies as the circumstances or the guidelines established by Sonoma County and the State of California change.
We reserve the right to refuse access or service to customers who (1) display any symptoms consistent with COVID-19; (2) fail to comply with our social distancing protocols; and/or (3) fail to wear a face mask.